Tuesday 3 June 2014

inspiration: stamp carving

Something that was still on my bucketlist, was learning how to do stampcarving. Via Instagram I met my new penpal Mirjam, and she is like my stampcarving hero! Turned out she didn't live to far away from me (well, just under an hour away). She invited me over for an evening, to learn tricks and trades from the stampmaster her self. And how much fun we had! It's always a bit scary to meet someone you have never met before and only now through the digital world and snailmail. But I put on my brave shoes and went on my way. And boy I didn't regret that at all! What a wonderful evening full of laughter and joy we had. In between chatting I also learned some stampcarving. Since I brought Mirjam a little gift, a tin full of plasters with a vintage nurse on it, thought that was appropriate since we both work in healthcare. I had wrapped this in a sort of purple pattern paper with a vintage postagestamp of vintage nurses.
And I decided to give that a go, a vintage nurse (it had to be a bit of a challenge ofcourse). And this is what I came up with: a vintage nursing stamp.




1 comment:

  1. Wat leuk! Ik zou dat echt niet kunnen. Ben daar veel te onhandig voor. Ben benieuwd wat voor mooie stempels je nog meer gaat maken!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!