Saturday 15 February 2014

Outgoing: Russia


Julia had send my this lovely mail via Postcrossing. She didn't have to, but she did. I've asked if I could send something back to her. But what could I send her that would match up to her brilliant paper cutting? I've seen beautiful stuff on her blog that it took me a while to think of something. But then I just sort of got on with it. Origami stars, a drawing in white ink (my first ever attempt to draw with white ink, it's kinda hard! Because you are drawing white, what actually should be dark. So it's a negative) and a matching postcard. She likes peonies, and it's a fragment from an old painting with peonies on them. The painting is from a castle across the river here by the way.







1 comment:

  1. Prachtig die tekening! Ik ben ook helemaal into witte stift op bruin papier, zo'n mooie combinatie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!